Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saturday Afternoon


I have been doing a bit of work in my tiny garden this afternoon. All the tomato, squash and bean plants have been staked with tobacco sticks to keep them straight and tall. The grass has mostly been pulled around the beds, and I even removed a worm or two ( yes it was two) by hand. (Thank you Keith for the work gloves, that give me super human garden confidence that I would not have without  them!)
I am a bit reluctant to say what amazing  weather we are enjoying today. As my son just helped a friend move to a third floor apartment in the 115 degree heat in Phoenix. But... it is a delightful 77 degrees here in Kentuckiana, the breeze is stiff and cool and the sound of the wind in the trees and the birds singing is wonderful!
Sitting on my tiny patio, looking at my darling yard.... I am so grateful to live where I do. It's beautiful here. I love getting my hands dirty and watching things grow. I love every wonderful thing about the Midwest.
There are even birds having a bath in the gutter above my patio...charming!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment