Wednesday, November 30, 2016

VACATION

Vacation: an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or traveling.

I had the opportunity to go on a nine day vacation. I had moments of doubt and worry prior to going. (I am grateful for my man who talked me off the cliff when those moments hit.)
Once I was there, I was so very happy to have returned to my home town to spend my vacation. I saw those I love and adore...and was very grateful for the time and effort they made to see me, spend time with me and make me feel at home. I was blessed to meet my son's lady and love of his life. I fell in love with her too. I was so lucky to be able to spend time with her family as well. I truly adore them and I am tickled to be able to call them family. 
I was able to see friends that have missed. It was so nice catching up with them and I am inspired to keep in closer contact from here forward. 
Phoenix was just the same...but better. So much new mixed in with the old. I saw all the places I love and visited all the have to spots! 
It was fun checking in on FB at each place I went. A traveling road map so to speak. 
I tried to look at Phoenix through the eyes of a tourist, a new prospective. I love it there. I really do. 
I had a great vacation, but part of me couldn't wait to come home. Back to the part of the country I chose...that I love. I was even excited to come back to work. 
Phoenix may be my home town, but this bit of the Midwest I am living in, is my home!



No comments:

Post a Comment