Sunday, October 2, 2016

COURSERA

Several years ago my friend David told me about 
a website called COURSERA. 

He had taken a course or two from the site, 
and thought I would enjoy it. 
I have since looked at the site many times. 
But as with many things,
 it was something outside my comfort zone, 
so I did not go any farther that just looking. 

The last couple of years has shown me that 
I can do anything I want to do.
I am capable of doing new things, 
and I am the only one holding myself back. 
SO..... I decided to do more than just look 
at the pretty pictures and take the next step.

The site is full of college and university 
courses taught around the world. There is a 
huge selection of interests. 
Courses to help you further your education or your career. 
Courses on a vast assortment of interests, 
professional, educational, or just for your
personal learning and enjoyment.

The courses are free to participate in. 
If you would like to earn a certificate in the 
course you choose, you can pay a fee to receive that as well. 
I'm just in this for the fun of learning. 
(Kind of like when I became a Realtor. 
I didn't love the occupation, but I LOVED the classes.)

Take a look at the website
https://www.coursera.org/

The course I am taking is 
"A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment"
 by Prof. Raj Raghunathan
I just finished week one. 
Not only did I enjoy week one, 
but I have learned so much. 
I don't know what other courses will be like. 
But I know this is just the first of many 
that I will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment