Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading...a book!

I had to drive across town as soon as I was done with work today. It's not that it is a long drive, maybe 15 minutes if that! But the locals act like this little place is enormous. I needed to catch clients who live out of town, they leave tomorrow on their trip and will need the travel docs I have. As I entered the establishment they were meeting me in, I knew I was early, so I introduced myself to the young lady at the front desk. I let her know why I was there so she wouldn't worry about me. As I waited, I was delighted to see her pull out a small book and start to read. I know that reading is not a lost art, but to see this young lady reading an actual book, not one on her tablet, not checking her face book accout or snap chatting, not playing on her cell. I never once saw her cell phone. I was impressed. I let her know it!
My clients met with me, we went over all thier details and I wished them safe and happy traveling.
I took a short drive over the river and through the woods after that.
The world was right for a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment