Sunday, August 14, 2016

Summer Concert

Last night I attended the 2016 Summer Concert put on by the Wolfgang Orchestra and Chorus. It was held in the Victory Theater on Main Street.
The Victory Theater was beautiful. It was ornate and splendid, it reminded me of the Orpheum Theater in Phoenix.
The pieces that the orchestra played were amazing. Shenandoah, The Purple Pageant March, Highlights from Camelot, Symphony No. 9, "From the New World" and my favorite, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
My son taught me, some time ago, to hunt out the sounds of the different instruments when listening to a musical piece, and it changed the way I hear music now. Visually listening puts an entire new appreciation to my music consumption. Knowing the pieces from Star Wars, knowing where they went in each film, knowing the drama and excitement that each piece went with was so amazing. Watching how the music is created and transformed with the collaboration of so many talented musicians, all working together to create those feelings, that excitement, through their individual, yet joint effort.... truly is Amazing to me.
I look forward to the next concert in September!


I don't play any musical instruments.
(I pride myself on the ability to play the radio, but only the old school type!
I own a piano, and I must say, I do dust it well! But I do not play!)
I am grateful to those that can play musical instruments and do!

No comments:

Post a Comment