Saturday, September 5, 2015

Beavers

Wild life fascinates me. I have always had a love for buffalo, they are so majestic and noble. Farm animals like horsed, cows, chicken, and sheep are beautiful in their charming homey farmy way. I love the raccoon , squirrel and deer; living here in the mid-west has given me the chance to see so many deer. I loved the day I watched a young deer play with a barn cat in the hay field by my home in Kentucky, it was a wonderful sight. Earlier this year I saw a beaver up the hill from a neighbors farm. I was amazed to see the creature, astonished by its size, and delighted to watch it sprint to safety each time a truck would pass by. I fell in love with beavers that day. Last weekend as I was exploring some back-roads near the Ohio river, I saw something in the road. It is all too common to see a dead raccoon, skunk or squirrel on the road. As I was driving, and slowed down a bit, I still couldn't make out just what this little thing was. The area was beautiful,with forest surrounding me, a home here and there. As I got closer to this stationary thing in the road, all of the sudden it hopped up and started to run for safety. To my surprise and delight it was a small beaver. Oh my gosh it was so darling! When beaver run they hop, and it made me giggle. I can't even describe just how darling this cutie was. I totally fell in love with that little beaver !
There is a great documentary put out by PBS on Beavers. It's on Netflix, and on PBS, I added the link below. Just in case you want to fall in love with these darling rodents also!




http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/leave-it-to-beavers-leave-it-to-beavers/8836/

No comments:

Post a Comment