Sunday, February 22, 2015

Winter

As I traveled from Missouri, through Illinois,
then Indiana and then home to Kentucky,
I witnessed winter. It snowed.
Sometimes is was like driving
through a snow globe.
I passed numerous fields,
I am sure that there will be
corn growing in most of them in the spring,
one field had several
(over twenty) wild turkey.
They were beautiful.
I wish I could have just stopped
and watched them.
As I neared my home,
I was amazed at the amount of snow.
So much snow!
It was beautiful, picturesque,
awe inspiring, scary almost.
The grey brown tree
skeletons near my house,
looked like sentinels
keeping watch as I was away.
The road up the hill turns and twists,
it enters a dense wooded area,
always thrilling and a bit scary.
(Like a scene from a childhood story.)
There in the road were three deer.
I slowed to a stop.
They looked at me, watching them. 
It was Magic!
When I was finally home
I saw that someone had cleared my driveway,
and shoveled a path on my deck to my door.
I don't know what I would have done
if not for this thoughtfulness.
I love where I live.


No comments:

Post a Comment