Friday, February 13, 2015

I Pledge....

Patriotism is something I cherish, something I hold proudly in my heart. I don't think there is enough 'love of country', ownership of national pride out there any longer.

Years ago I would drop my youngest children off at school and on my way to work I would pass several large car dealerships. (I have always been grateful for the huge American flags they fly) As I drove past the glorious Stars and Stipes, the Morning Mayor (a beloved DJ) would, at that moment have an elementary school class say the Pledge of Allegiance. I loved this moment. Each work day, as I drove, I would recite the pledge aloud, while adoring my nations flag.

Years earlier, when my oldest girls were small, I had homeschooled them for a couple grades. We had the flag in our home, we said the pledge. I loved it!

Now I am on my own, I live in the most beautiful country side ever. And each morning as I am getting ready for my day, the radio station I have playing on the old battered radio in my country kitchen, has an elementary school class recite the Pledge of Allegiance. So in my tiny little bathroom, among the everyday things, is my little American flag.

I love to give my devotion to the country that I love!



No comments:

Post a Comment