Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Things You Find At The Mall



I went to the mall with my son yesterday. Not one of my favorite Saturday afternoon activities, but the day had been great, so was the weather and going anywhere with Mark is fun. The parking lot was packed. We talked and talked till we were inside the mall, that's when he remembered the thing he needed looked at was still in the car. So we walked back out to the breeze way, I told him I would wait there for him, I had some text to return so this would be a good time to do so. As I sat on the bench texting, I looked up, I thought the man sitting across the way looked familiar. He looked like a boy I had known years ago. Mark was back within just a few minutes and my texts were sent. I asked him if I would be a creeper if I went up to the man to make sure it was him. Mark agreed that I would be a creeper, but what did I have to loose. So I walked over to him and asked if he was who I thought he was. He said he thought that was me too. He gave me a great big hug. I asked about his family. He asked about mine. We chit chatted for a minute and I introduced him to my son. He remembered him when he was very little. We walked into the mall, chatted some more. He took my phone and added his name to my FB friends. I hugged him goodbye and told him I was so happy to have seen him. I wished him well.
Funny how paths cross, I have thought of him over the years. He was such a wild teen, always made me laugh. I think it was the best mall experience in a long time, and I didn't spend a dime!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment