Saturday, February 16, 2013

RAK

Random Act of Kindness....

It had been a long work day,
my car isn't working right, my rent is due,
I had to go in to meet the 
new management company,
rush hour was setting in, trafic was getting thick
and I was nearly out of gas.

I looked for the best gas price on the way home.
It was about $3.45 per gal everywhere.
And running out of gas 
was not going to make my day any better.
 So I stopped at the next service station.
I swiped my debit card. But it didn't work. 
I tried to cancell the action. 
But it kept telling me that it was
"Pre Paid $35.00".
 I figured since I already swiped my card
 I better follow through.
I pumped the $35.00 and I went in to make it right.
I told the guy the pump number
and said that I don't think it read my card.
I said that I wanted to pay for the gas
and I was afraid of it being charged someone else.
He said the guy before me paid for it,
that it was already taken care of.
Maybe I am slow, I think he recognized that,
he said again that it was taken care of 
and my card wasn't effected.
I asked, "So I'm done?" 
he replied "Yep, Happy Birthday!"

It wasn't my birthday,
but I was touched by someone's 
Random Act of Kindness.
I am grateful for other people who pay it forward,
and I hope to always do the same.
Nice way to end a Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment