Twenty years ago I sustained an injury to my knee. I saw a doctor, but life was happening and I was not the priority at the time. So I have lived with knee pain ever since.
The last several years have become a true challenge. Stairs are a true issue. Walking, not too bad. But just standing up from my desk took a moment for my knee to get with the program.
Last week I went to the orthopedic office and had some X-rays taken. To my surprise, my old injury is no longer my problem. My pain is being caused by some pretty lovely arthritis and best yet… bone on bone friction.
Well, the doctor was great and told me the options and steps in the process.
Then he came in with the largest needle I have ever seen. I was brave and did not cry, but ouch for sure.
The dr said, I may get relief right away or in a couple weeks, or never. But I was to see him again in four weeks.
I saw results immediately. Not just pain relief, but a total range of motion I hadn’t experienced in a very long time.
I no longer wake up with knee pain, I can climb stairs with no problems and I can even get down on the floor and back up again. Getting in and out of John’s tall truck isn’t an ordeal any more.
I don’t know what the next steps will be, but I am delighted to have the use of my knees again!
Hello new adventures!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment