Tuesday, December 12, 2023

CREPES

When I was a girl, my friend Terry’s mom made crepes for dinner one night when I was over. 
It was the first time had ever had crepes. I was delighted, asparagus crepes were so fancy and so delicious. 
In my culinary class several years later, Ms Charlotte Searls taught me to make crepes. And I will never forget how she said to not be discouraged, you always need to toss out the first one, because it never turns out right. 
Then when my children were young, I made them at home. I filled them with saucy chicken and they were so good. 
It has been a very long time since I have made them and I am glad I don’t have to tell my culinary mentor that I tossed out the first 3! But when I got the consistency right, they started to stack up perfectly. 
Tonight my crepes are savory, no sweets this evening. But I am pleased to say that this simple thing makes my heart happy. 
Come over, let’s eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment