Wednesday, September 2, 2020

BUCKET LIST

Three years ago today I drove through Kentucky, into West Virginia and on into the state of Virginia.
I was just home from Hawaii days before, and figured not only did I need to touch the Atlantic Ocean for the first time, but I needed to fulfill some more bucket list items. I went alone, the weather was great. I kept the windows down and the volume of the radio up.
I marveled at the beauty of the topography and the charm of the little towns. I had heard so much about some of the cities and towns, that to see them was thrilling. I loved the road trip. I had a couple goals in mind for this trip, Monticello and then my feet in the ocean. I did both that weekend. And drove home all night singing with the moon. It was a wonderful adventure. It was empowering and healing. I want to do it again!
Three years later... today I embark on a new adventure. I’m excited and nervous. But as with each of the things on my bucket list, I’m doing it for me, there will be rough roads ahead and challenging forks in the road, but I’m ready! Bring it on!!!

But I’m still up for a road trip!
♥️Eek

No comments:

Post a Comment