Monday, April 27, 2020

I SAW AN ARTICLE...


I saw an article that was titled...
"HOW TO DECORATE 
IF YOU HAVE A BROWN COUCH"
I found this to be a bit silly. I did not read the article, I wonder if many people did. 

I bought a sofa many many years ago. I loved the olive leaf pattern on it. I liked it so much that I bought two matching chairs and an ottoman. The sofa was a fold out sleeper. There were a few sleep overs on it. I seem to remember 3 young ladies being rather crazy on it and ending up entangled in it. I also remember lots of family and friend time on that sofa. All the Monday 'Game Night" parties. 
Well, it was loved a lot...perhaps too much. It was looking rather aged. When my cousin, Diana, got a cute new sofa for her new house, I inherited a very well built white sofa. So, I put the old one in the garage and started a new project. With the learning I gleaned from my upholstery night class several years before. I started to de-bone my sofa. I kept all the cushions and every bit of fabric I removed from it. It took me a few weeks to get it all taken apart. And to my surprise, when I put the bones out at the curb to be picked up. Someone came within hours... and it was gone. My new white sofa had seen lots of love even though it was better construction than my fold out, it still looked rather rough. It had come to me with a brand-new sofa cover made of white duck cloth. Sturdy and functional... but not my thing. I dyed the cover. I mixed chocolate brown and wine fabric dye. It turned out lovely! I also took some of the fabric that I had removed from the carcass of my old sofa and made cushions and curtain accents for the room. I love my living room. 

So, when I read the title of the article "How to decorate if you have a brown couch" my reaction was...Why would you need someone to tell you how to decorate? 
You need to love your space, to make it yours. If you have not, then it is time to make some decorating decisions of your own! 
You must love where you live, who you are and what you do.  
You create your world!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment