Sunday, January 12, 2020

SUNDAY DRIVE

Three States in seven plus hours.

The drive was great, I always need to get out and see nature and beauty of this little corner of the world. 

My play list ran the whole time. Thankful for a good car with a great radio!

On Highway 136 there is a farmhouse with a pond. In the pond there is a multi colored Duck House. It was darling!!! I am sure the ducks there are loving it! 

There was an old barn off in a field. It looked old and abandoned. I love barns! I’m a City Girl, so most things country fascinate me! But this barn was unusual in that it was yellow!
And on it there was a big red heart painted on the side! ❤️

I have a love for Hawks. They are everywhere here in the Ohio Valley. If you watch carefully as you drive down the highway or backroads, you will see one about every mile. They are beautiful. I saw many hawks today, I also saw a bald eagle, many turkey and vultures. Then I saw the largest wild bird I have ever seen. This bird was brown and white and it was huge as it stood in the field, but when it took flight is was massive. It was glorious! I am pretty sure it was an eagle.

As the drive wove through Union County there was a tiny graveyard  on a hill. I loved how picturesque it was. 



Over the river and through the woods... was the path to Old Shawnee Town. Established in 1798. The sign said it has a population of 200... but I think it is wrong! 

By 12:11 pm the car was heading toward another bridge, this one on Illinois Highway 141, there the rain turned to snow as Indiana came into view. I loved it!





It was a wonderful Sunday Drive. 
I love where I live!
❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment