Monday, October 21, 2019

Welcome Monday

Before my alarm went off I heard thunder.

Growing up in Phoenix caused me to have a love affair with rain. I guess what you don’t have enough of you automatically crave. There was an olive tree in the front yard of one of the houses I grew up in. I remember seeing the silhouette of that tree on my bedroom window when lightning flashed.
It didn’t scare me, as a three or four year old I know that nature was fascinating.
This morning as lay in bed counting the seconds between the lightning and the thunder, I peeked at the weather app on my phone. A storm is coming.
Moving to the Midwest from the Southwest was a huge life change for me in many ways, weather was one change I truly love. And even though rain is common here, there has not been much of it in months. So before my alarm went off, I grabbed my Fitbit and headed for living room. I wanted to see the rain and the wind out the picture window. As I peddle away here in the dark, I have a very good seat for the light show outside. The lightning, the wind, the thunder and rain. Getting up at 5am gives me time to think, time fore just me, no one else exists at 5am in my world. The storm will keep me riveted to the early morning picture show out my window through sunrise, and I’ll bank some quality peddling as well.
This is a good start to a new week. Happy Monday ♥️☔️

No comments:

Post a Comment