Saturday, October 19, 2019

Saturday Afternoon

It’s been a 6 day work week and as I drive home it was 75 degrees and perfectly beautiful outside.
I drove with the windows down and the stereo turned way up. With my hand out the window I was singing away. Before the road transitioned into two lanes an ambulance screamed past me. I didn’t think much of it, said a little prayer for those involved and I kept on singing.
Shortly after I passed the grade school the sparse traffic cane to a stand still. I found that screaming ambulance, a fire truck, several police cars and another ambulance. The wreck must have been a bad one. Everyone at the intersection at the top of the hill looked shocked and forlorn. I said another prayer. The officers had the line of traffic head south rather than eastward. And I followed a road less traveled. I always wondered about the little roads just off the main drag.
As I drove down this country road I fell in love with it. Farmed hills, sweeping yards, darling houses.
In a couple spots the trees hung over the road making a canopy. When I came to a stop sign I turned back to my original direction. Down that path there was a large old farmhouse surrounded by trees. The house had large trees in the front and along the drive. And on this beautiful day, the toilet paper that decorated those trees in abundance was some of the most beautiful streamers waving in the breeze that I have ever seen.
I’m grateful for so much. I’m blessed I’m so many ways, blessed with so much. The drive home made me grateful, yet again for all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment