Friday, March 29, 2019

Wisdom on 161

I drive to work on highway 161 occasionally.
There is a farm with a pond on the way.
This farm has several acres of rolling green hills,
and on those hills there are lots of fat happy cows.
In the past few months I have seen quite a few calves as well.
Among the happy cows there are three gray donkeys.
They look a bit out of place to me.
When I think donkeys...
I think of taking that trek down into the Grand Canyon.
But here in Indiana I know that a smart farmer has
donkeys on his pastures to keep the coyote at bay.
Those fat happy cows wont fight off a hungry coyote
but a donkey will kick the you know what out of one.
So those sweet docile donkeys are the bovines security and best friend.
Today as I drove past the rolling hills, I didn't see any cows.
Not one. No big or small grass munchers.
However, there were the three donkeys,
walking in a row at the edge of the pond.
They looked wise and purposeful.
Happy Day

No comments:

Post a Comment