Friday, December 9, 2016

BLUE LIGHTS IN MY REARVIEW WINDOW


I was helping my Kentuckianna kids move last night. Jay was in the Tahoe with me, and we were following behind Kim and Elliot's truck. We were driving on the Kentucky side of the Ohio river around 10:30pm, on a two lane highway, in the dark, in below freezing temps. 
An hour or so before, my daughter texted to let me know she was in her first fender bender. She was alright, it was the other drivers fault, and my girl was her delightful self, making sure the other driver was at ease. She is so good! 
My Kentuckianna girls and I were then talking about being pulled over by the police when I made the comment that I wasn't sure were my registration actually was. 
Fast forward to 10:30 on the dark country road.... 
When in my rearview mirror I see blue lights flashing. Yep, they were for me! I pulled over, and then greated the nice young man in the uniform. He asked for my drivers license and registration. (Which, instinctively I knew just where to reach for when the moment presented itself.) As I handed it to him, I asked what he pulled me over for. He looked in the Tahoe and asked "Are you moving?" I said yes, and he said "As I passed you over that hill you swerved." Now I don't recall that but, it was windy, cold, dark and late. He was right I am sure. And "No" to his question; I hadn't been drinking. We chatted for a minute longer and he handed my verification back. No ticket or warning, I thanked him for checking on us, and he wished us a good night. He was nice. We took a short cut back to the kids place, and I was in my bed by midnight. 
Interesting evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment