Saturday, March 21, 2015

Winter Lessons

I have learned a lot this winter.
1) Deer literally come out of no where so you can hit them with your car. 2) When something bad happens don't assume you are safe from something else bad coming your way. 3) Being under insured is never good. 4) No matter how slow you drive, once you hit black ice, you are no longer in control of your vehicle. 5) Seat belts really do save lives. 6) Even if there was no one on that little country road for miles and miles, once you flip your car, the entire county is there to help.


The morning this happened was the first snow in the area. It was early for snow, and they hadn't treated the roads. One of the scariest things ever. I'm grateful there was no one on the road with me. I'm grateful for everyone who was there for me, that morning and after that as well.
It's taken me months to post this. I hit the poor deer just a couple miles from this spot one week before. I am scared every time I drive that road now.

(Glad I couldn't find the deer or I probably would have blogged it too.)





No comments:

Post a Comment