Thursday, July 24, 2014

FAT HAPPY FARMS

I think we tend to be unaware until life is in our path and we see it with our own eyes. 

As Mark and I drove through Texas, we could smell it before we could see it. He asked what it was. I told him it was "COWS". Sure enough, there was a huge 'cow farm'. I was sad to see the state of those poor animals; hundreds in pens, in muck and mire. There was no grass, no roaming, no beauty at all. Mark said "It's like the Holocaust for cows." I had to agree. Inhumane. Since then I have been to a chicken farm. I can tell you I was horrified. Long white buildings with rank ventilation systems. Thousands of chickens inside each building, in total darkness. Again, no grass, no roaming, no beauty. 

Mark and I made an effort to find beauty in our trip. (You can find it in most places. It's something I have tried to do since I was a child; we need to see the beauty or we loose something.)
After getting out of the desert we found beauty everywhere. 

We found lots of Fat Happy Cows, on acres of green grass, by charming ponds. I have seen chickens wondering farms; Fat Happy Chickens, truly being happy.

I left the city, looking for beauty all around me. I can tell you it makes my heart more than a little happy to see FAT HAPPY COWS! And there are few things more lovely than happy country chickens!
FAT HAPPY COWS

SAD CHICKS
Don't get me wrong, I am not going vegetarian, however this has made me think about how I shop, what I consume, how my $$$ talks. I think we all need to add beauty back into all aspects of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment