Thursday, April 10, 2014

ACT UPON THE MOMENT

Jessette calls me on her way home from work many several days a week, I think it is lovely!!! Today she told me that when she had moved her car for a co-worker earlier today she saw that the "Service Engine Soon" light was off on her dash. This was a huge deal. She has been haunted by this demon light for some time. Knowing full well that it always means big bucks at the repair shop. So my thrilled daughter did the brilliant thing any sensible girl would do.........after work she headed right over to the MVD to have her emissions tested! We chit chatted the entire way. I love hearing about her job, and how she is the only employee who does not speak Spanish, she is the "the token white girl". We both hoped that the MVD wouldn't close before she made her appearance at the Glendale Airpark. I even pulled up the website through Google to find the times. I never found the hours of operation, but they had a nifty, up to the minute "line cam", so you could see how hilarious the line in front of you is. When she got there there was only the white car in front of her (the one I could see on the "line cam"), I never saw her, because they got her right in. She called me right back after they were done testing her car. And she proudly announced that her little car passed emissions! We continued to chit chat as she headed home, only for her to get three miles for the MVD and have the "Service Engine Soon" light come back on!!!! No Kidding!!!!
So as always...my darling daughter, so beautiful and wise, acted upon the moment and made the best of the situation! 
She makes her mommy proud!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment