Monday, April 22, 2013

My Love For The Harbor

Today I wrote out a check for eighth grade graduation pictures and a check for a 2013 year book.
I have had a student at this school since it opened in 1995. My daughters were in second and third grade. Mark was just a baby. When he was in kindergarten Cookie was born. He took her for show and tell! The school has a Beach Party every spring, we have attend it ever year for the past 17 years. This May will be our last year; Beach Party, Graduation, and then my baby, the last of my four, will move on to high school. I have loved this school. I love that my kids all have gone to elementary and junior high here, that it feels like home. (I went to 12 different schools before I graduated high school, I wanted stability for my kids) I have loved the ownership I have seen in each of my kids here. It is their school. Just as Centennial is their high school.
So as this school year quickly comes to an end, so does my 18 year journey with Desert Harbor. They say that it takes a village to raise a child. I know that village includes a Harbor.
And yes.....Sand Sharks Rock The Dock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment