Thursday, April 4, 2019

Tony Clark


Rental Note: I was given keys to look at two properties today. They were listed on Tony Clark’s web site as available rentals. Upon pulling up to the first, and opening the door I found that it was still occupied. I shut and locked the door before I called Tony Clark’s office. The lady who answered my call said that that property was only to be shown by appointment. So I asked why I was given a key. To this I was told that they were very busy and then she hung up on me. I called back! 
I then spoke to a woman who was as shocked as I was that this had happened, but could not help me because she was in accounting, and I would need to bring that key back. My boyfriend called Tony Clark’s office to express his thoughts on the fact that if I had entered an occupied home I may have been shot. To this they apologized, but again said that they were busy and the woman at the front desk was new. I took the keys back and was met at the door by Tony Clark, whom invited me into a leasing office and closed the door. He said he agreed that this should have never happened. Then Dee, a leasing agent,  came in to get paperwork for another client. I expressed my view of the shoddy management and said this is the reason for so much negative social media. I stated that as a former Realtor this is an error that is taboo, for the safety of the current tenant and future tenants. Dee said that they apologized and are sure that I had done things in my past that were like this or worse. I had never met this woman until she sat across the desk from me moments earlier. I had not put blame on individuals, but on the management team as a whole. Yet I was being treated as though by bringing this code of conduct issue up I was to blame. Tony Clark asked what more he could do to appease me, “a years free rent?” he said. At that point, I said “Nothing”. He handed me his card and he said he hoped I would change my mind. When my boyfriend called back to speak to Mr Clark, Dee told him that I was not welcome in their establishment nor would they rent to me Because I threatened them with airing this on social media! Not because this wrong had been done. 
I feel badly for the tenant who resides at the house that I was given the key too and for the upstanding employees at Tony Clark Realty. But the rental management is very poor; from the information they put online, to the service they give. I will never recommend Tony Clark’s 

Establishment. They leave a dirty spot on Owensboro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment