Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Trip To Walmart

The day before Thanksgiving and I'm standing in line with my11 items. Only two customers in front of me and a lady on her cell phone telling someone how long it will take to get over the bridge to Evansvill with all the construction. She only had a cake to purchase so I let her go ahead of me. (I'm in no hurry since I'm getting my Rouge's oil changed while I shop.) But as she walked in front of me she said "The struggle is real!" Which totally made want to say "First world issue!" But I kept that to myself. My few items were rung up, and put into 2 bags. I walked back to the automotive department and waited to pay for my service. The young girl at the counter didn't ask to see the receipt of the man who walked out the door with a tv, his girlfriend said " Oh, did you want to see the receipt?" The register girl said yes, and the guy came back in to the store flashing what looked like a receipt to me. But after he left and it was my turn to pay, she said to another employee that that guy only showed her a lay-away tag. And my thought was....if it wasn't the receipt shouldn't she have questioned them or reported something? But no! She asked me if I had been the one who she had just called on the speaker. I said I did not hear my name. She said, looking at my tag, "Yes it was you, sorry I messed up your last name." My last name is Jensen, I didn't know it was a difficulty last name! But I said nothing. I was tickled to see, as I got in my car that not only had they done what I paid for, but they vacuumed my little car out too!
My trip to Walmart! Now off to get gas and wait to cross over the bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment