Sunday, August 8, 2021

PART OF THE GROUP

I spent the evening with a group of acquaintances last night. Our ages spanned the distance and so did our life paths. I got the opportunity to chat with nearly each member of the group. I think that the more we interact with others, the broader our interest, compassions, empathy, viewpoints and beliefs become, helping us grow as individuals. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes interacting with others just reconfirms that stupid is stupid. But again this just strengthens all those fore mentioned elements. 
Last night I heard stories of “Back in the day” to conversation on therapy, investments, sex ed, and yard care. There were several conversations all happening at once and I was glad to be able to be a listener.
As I listened to each topic, I could feel the level of importance and passion the speaker had for what they were sharing. I learned some new things. I learned somethings that told me a lot about who was speaking. 
And I found it very interesting who I ended up feeling a bond with. There was a young woman in the group that was very secure in who she is and is so comfortable in her own skin that she made me want to know her better. As I listened to her speak, I sifted through the thoughts and beliefs I have had on the subjects. And to my surprise, I found that my view of the issues and topics has (over the years) changed. It was a nice self realization. This new knowledge of self, made me happy. 
When the evening started I had felt as though I was out of my element, but as the gathering came to a close, I felt very much like an “individual” that was part of the bigger picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment